Abstract submission for poster presentation and short oral communications is only possible via the online submission platform and after online registration for the congress. Directly after your online registration you will get a confirmation e-mail which also contains the link and the submission code for your abstract submission.
There will be sessions for short oral communications as well as sessions for poster presentations.
Abstract submission platform opens on Monday, 2 November 2020
Deadline for abstract submission: Wednesday, 31 March 2021, 23:59 CET
In case your abstract will not be accepted you have the right to cancel your registration to the congress free of charge by 31 May 2021 at the latest (by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note the general rules for abstract submission:
- Only one abstract per registered delegate can be submitted.
- Abstracts can be submitted for poster presentation or for short oral communication. The final decision whether an abstract is accepted as a poster or as a short oral presentation, or even rejected, lies with the reviewer and the LOC.
- Accepted abstracts will be shown during the congress as paper posters (on Monday or Tuesday) and e-posters via the e-poster terminals. E-posters will be available throughout the entire congress.
- Only abstracts from registered delegates who paid the registration fees in full will be published in the abstract book (ELSEVIER, Special Issue “Toxicology Letters”).
Please adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- The prerequisite for handing in an abstract is that it represents original work, not previously published and not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English language only.
- The abstract should be no longer than 3000 characters (incl. space characters).
- Any pictures, attachments or similar are not allowed/will not be displayed.
- The abstract should state the purpose, methods and results of the study.
- Please ensure complete listing and correct order of all (co-)authors, correct formatting and grammar. Accepted abstracts will be printed and published as they have been submitted. Changes are not possible any more after the deadline.
- Please indicate at least one (max. five) keywords when submitting your abstract (free choice of keywords).
- Together with your abstract submission, you may apply for one of the awards presented for the best presentation at EUROTOX 2021.
Topics for abstract submission:
Adverse outcome pathways
Biomarkers of effect/exposure
In vitro methodologies & screening
In vitro to in vivo extrapolation (QIVIVE)
New approach methodologies: 3D models, stem cells, organ-on-a-chip, microfluidics
Omics in toxicology
Epidemiological toxicological studies
Geno-toxicology & carcinogenesis
Regulatory toxicology (REACH)
Risk prediction and assessment /risk assessment using new approach methodologies
Gut microbiota and toxicity
Toxicology in life cycle analysis
Each accepted abstract has to be presented as paper poster and as e-poster. The upload of e-posters will be possible after the notification of abstract acceptance and via the abstract submission account. All e-posters will be displayed throughout the entire congress.
Deadline for e-poster upload: 30 August 2021
The poster size for all paper posters is A0 portrait format, 841 mm x 1189 mm.
Acceptance of the abstract obligates the author to pay the congress registration fee and present the abstract in the assigned session. Written notification of withdrawal of an abstract must be received by the congress secretariat by 31 May 2021 if the abstract cannot be published in the congress materials. Any withdrawal requests after 31 May 2021 will be honoured by the congress secretariat, however based on the date of the request, the abstract may be printed in the materials, and a “withdrawn by author” sign will appear on the poster board.
Please note: The congress organizer reserves the right to withdraw accepted abstracts if the registration fee has not been paid within the given deadline.